Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scalloped Rose Bowl

This scalloped-edge bowl belonged to my grandmother. My mom kept it after grandma died and I just recently inherited it last fall.

It doesn't have any distinguishing marks that I can find. The fact that it's very shallow keeps it from getting much use. It's not deep enough to really hold much on the dinner table. However, it is very good for holding eggs that I plan to boil the next day. I always leave them out on the counter over night before boiling them.

I think these eggs look so pretty sitting in this bowl. The colors and shapes go together so nicely.

My rose colored glass bowl is my contribution to Coloradolady's "Vintage Thingies Thursday".




9 comments:

  1. I love everything eggs. This time of year I buy inexpensive egg things for Christmas presents.

    Yes, the eggs are lovely in the scalloped bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scalloped bowl, and you are so right, the eggs and the bowl make a great combination. Thanks for a great contribution to VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty. I have a green one just like that - and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I'm sure you already know that's Depression glass. My MIL has a ton of it and I'm pretty sure she has that pattern. Next time she's here I'll ask if she knows which one it is. Very pretty with the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that rose glass dish...it's ssoo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bowl...I've never seen a scalloped one like that-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice bowl, Amy. Love the color and simple but pretty design...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! You are lucky that you got it handed down to you! I have always loved rose colored dishes. Blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one exactly like it. It was handed down from my great aunt. I also have a beautiful pink glass cake plate that has an etched design on the underside. I enjoy owning and occasionally using these items. I also have some green depression glass that I also love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!